Originally Posted by Nightwatchman
Originally Posted by Mbrock
Nightwatchman, I’m certainly not going to beat a man over his convictions, but Jesus and the disciples were very affectionate physically with each other and others they came across. It’s a cultural norm in a lot of places for men and women to greet with a kiss. It doesn’t have to be sexual or creepy. Carry on. No harm done.

Right, it's a cultural thing. We have been in the book of Ruth lately, and last week we studied how Naomi sent Ruth to uncover Boaz's feet and lay next to him. That might seem somewhat sexual to us, but in Jewish culture it was not seen as sexual but more of a submissive gesture on Ruth's part.

Like I said, I get a lot of blowback, get poked fun at for being such a touch-me-not, but to me, it is kind of instinctual. If someone gets inside mine or my wife's personal space it automatically sends up red flags.

my in-laws actually have a foster daughter that is always wanting me to pick her up and carry her around. Up until my wife and I married I wouldnt pick her up. Just didnt feel it appropriate to pick up a child that wasn't mine. all it would take would be ONE scenario or spoken word from that child to be taken out of context and it would ruin my life.

I play it safe and if I ever have a daughter I would want people to play it safe as well

All kidding aside... I genuinely feel sorry for you reading your posts on this subject.