Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
Originally Posted by Nightwatchman
Unpopular opinion: I support a no-hug policy. And that has more to do with boundaries than affection. I am not a hugger, and believe me, I catch some serious slack for it at Church(BAPTIST church by the way). I do not think you need to physically touch someone to convey affection. I respect others' personal space and expect that they respect mine. The only woman I would ever actually hug is my wife. I certainly do not intend to hug another woman whether it be at church or elsewhere. I just don't find that necessary or really even appropriate. on that note, I have stopped other men from hugging my wife as well. I catch alot of blowback and usually hear something like "hey man I've known her my whole life." I really don't care how long you've known her, I don't put my hands on your wife, so don't put your hands on mine. I understand it is an age old custom to hug one another but I can exchange platonic pleasantries with women in Sunday school class, or my wife's friends, or other female friends without involving any physical contact.

If I ever have a daughter, I won't allow anyone to hug her. Just not necessary. There are too many creeps out there and there isn't any call for someone to be making physical contact.

The New Testament actually says to greet one another with kiss, soooooo....

Yeah, wouldn't wanna be kissed lol