Running Duke #2 foothold traps (I know they aren't the best), using wolf fang earth anchors. I have some type of bait I bought at cabelas, think the brand in Caven's Minnesota Brand bait. I killed one of the possums I caught this week and am now using it as bait.

I try to be OCD about my scent and how I set everything up. Typically get my trap set up in a dug out hole, toss some peat moss on and around it and sift dirt on top of that, use my rebar to dig a fairly deep hole about 6" about trap and put some bait in it and then try to make it all look as natural as possible. I've sprayed some coyote pee around the bait hole but not sure if that is something I want to do as I think it may keep other critters away.

Its been fun trying to learn the ins and outs of it, figured out I needed to adjust my spring tension when I found one of my traps dug up and still not set off ha ha. Fairly sure it was a possum or raccoon that dug it up.

I am a pure rookie at this but I've been watching a bunch of youtube videos and learning more of what I need to do. If I don't get the yotes behind my house soon I will probably rotate my traps to the fields as I know they run the creeks and fence lines a lot and its the same pack that's running the mountain behind my house.

We are not perfect, only forgiven!!!