Originally Posted by Mbrock
Originally Posted by Out back
Totally hogwash.
Just like the harvest estimate, it's a wild ass guess.

Lol. Outback, we’ve got over a decade of data points all over the state. Very little guesswork.

The area around the influx of Uchee Creek into the Chattahoochee River in Russell County (Fort Mitchell area) is spot WRONG. Unless it has changed in the last 8-10 years, that is. If you look at the Easternmost tip of Russell County and follow the state line Northwest from there into the little notch in the line, that is the area I'm talking about. I have seen 6-8" fetuses when we gutted does in mid to late January. There would be all kinds of chasing going on before gun season opened each year; and the woods would be dead well before Christmas. We would sometimes see what we called a "second rut" in the days around and shortly after christmas, but most of the breeding activity was done around Thanksgiving or thereabout. There was no such thing as a spotted fawn during bow season there. I hunted the area for 11 or 12 years and never even heard tell of a spotted fawn during any open deer season.

The other areas I am familiar with seem to be spot ON.