Lived in N.Ga. for a few years during some really hard times. Had just moved there and was trying to
do some hunting in the Chattahooche NF. I left the barn I was renting one afternoon and got in behind
some NF trucks hauling a dozer, some pickups, and law enforcement. Lo and behold they turned up the
forestry road I was going up. I pulled over at my spot and they kept going up the mtn. As I was getting
my stuff together this Forestry LE guy comes flying back down the road where I was parked. Apparently
there was a fire up on the App.trail and he was thinking I must have set it the day before and was
coming to watch the festivities. I mean he was SURE of it. Checked my DL, and asked for a address
cause my GA DL had a PO Box listed. Told him I didn't have an address, I lived in a barn. I didn't have a
cell phone back then and I hadn't learned my land line # yet. That really pissed him off. He searched
my truck with my consent. Stood there with the guy for a good half an hour getting interrogated.
Closest I've ever came to being "detained". And NO, I did not set any fires. I'm just glad I backed into
my parking spot when I parked. He never checked my license plate. An Alabama license plate.
He would have had a meltdown.