Everyone these days works beyond their hours on the clock. We all have to deal with crappy people. It’s really no different than any other job except you deal with kids. Also you get state retirement and benefits, and TONS of time off. You don’t like it you move along like everyone else and find something else to do. This demand more pay BS is out of control. My kids can’t pray in your school, can’t draw a picture of themselves killing a deer, cant walk down the hall without seeing he, she, him, gender pronoun whatever blasted all over the bulletin boards, etc, etc. Public schools are getting as bad a colleges as far as what they are teaching our kids..
I had a buddy who teaches public school. Lazy SOB. Home by 3:30 smoking weed and playing video games ( no drug test if your a teacher,,how convenient), try to get by that at any other job. Bragged about his health insurance costing less $200 a month for the family, Off 2 months of the summer and numerous other holidays, does nothing extra or goes out of the way to do anything above and beyond, and it doesn’t say to have to so you can be crappy and KEEP your job. State benefits kick in in about 3 years since he put in the time. He has completely jaded me on giving a crap about any teachers complaints.
Don’t mean to offend any of y’all that bust your butts to do the right thing but it shouldn’t be a job that requires a high salary and you know that. 21 year olds can follow a.curriculum just like a 68 year old that’s been doing it for 50 years. Just because you deal with crappy kids and parents doesn’t constitute a raise in pay.

"I didn’t mean to kill nobody, I just meant to shoot him once in the head and two times in the chest. Him dying was between he and the Lord."
Legendary bluesman R.L. Burnside