I only had an hour or so, but what a great afternoon on the water. I just wanted to get my line stretched. Met a great guy at the ramp, Chuck Lang, who was coming in as I was going out. Totally unsolicited, he told me how to find the white bass and even gave me a spoon that he makes. His advice was spot on. These weren’t dinks. They were really nice quality white bass. Towards the end of the trip, I chunked that Alabama rig, was counting it down when - WHAM - something big hit it. I mean it was nice. I thought I had a big bass or stripe. Finally got it up and it was a big ol’ catfish. He ate that swimbait too. It was in back of his throat. The water was absolutely “on fire” as the sun sank behind the mountains. Got back to the ramp, struck up a conversation with a group of divers working on a project. Super cool guys. “Hey, you want a hoodie?” the main guy said. I must have looked like someone needing stuff today. First a lure, then a hoodie. My new ramp friends sure were nice to me today. Still great folks on the water in Guntersville, Alabama!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

“Killing tomorrow’s trophies today.”

On the distance I like to walk to my stands:
“The first 100 yards is also the last 100 yards.”