Originally Posted by Southwood7

Originally Posted by bigcountry692001
Originally Posted by blumsden
No, I haven't tried it and have no desire to. My son and I have our on club and land so we have extremely comfortable locons, with swivel boat seats, trampoline seat ladderstand, and shooting houses. My climber is a buckshot with a rail all the way around you the entire time your in the stand. You can face the tree or away from it. Extremely comfortable. I'm glad it works for you but I would find my own land to lease so I wouldn't have to use that everytime I went hunting.

My saddle is no trouble at all to use and I like using it every time I go in. I can toss it in my backpack or wear it when I go in and I don’t have to carry a bulky, noisy, stand to woods nor do I have to find a tree I can get in when I get there. I had also rather pay $200 for a saddle and hunt public land vs dropping the money for a lease or hunting club every year.

I didn’t know you had to have a saddle to hunt public land 😀

$200 is not the total investment to be a saddle hunter. You’ve got to have sticks as well as a platform. Obviously saddles have a place in deer hunting but they’re not the end all be all. For now I’ll keep hunting out my climber.

You’re right I’ve hunted public land without a saddle for years tree stands work just fine.

Complete saddle set up with sticks ~$600... can you keep a lease or join a good hunting club for a one time fee of $600

"You cant manage a deer herd with acorns."

-Dr. Craig Harper