Originally Posted by blumsden
In Alabama, most of the time, there are plenty of tree's to climb. I think this is more of a millennial thing. But i'm 56, what the hell do I know. BTW, you cant fall out of my stands either, unless something major fails. As many pine tree's as there are in Alabama, I really don't see the advantage.

Lots of places I've hunted have very few pine trees. And more often than not when I have my climber the tree I "need" to be in, isn't good due to limbs or no shooting lanes. Gun hunting it's not as big of a deal. But when you need to get set up within 20-30 yards of where you think deer will be, it makes a difference. Another thing is with a saddle, you can shoot 360 degrees. You can't do that with a lockon or climber. And, you're right about falling out of a climber/lockon, but if you fall out of a climber, even with a harness on, you're gonna be in a bind. When I'm set up in a saddle I have constant tension on my tether. If I "fall" all I have to do is step back up on my platform or sticks and keep on hunting. It's more like a swing. I feel much safer than in a climber.