Originally Posted by dirkdaddy
The righteous indignation some have over a bag of corn over a bag of seed wheat is amazing to me. Keep telling yourself that it's somehow different buying your planting seeds, but it isn't.

First of all I will preface this by saying I hardly deer hunt anymore. Nor do I hunt over corn when I do. And I don't care if you do or don't.

But I'm surprised you fail to see at least a fair argument that distinguishes food plots from baiting over corn.

Once you start shooting deer over your bait station, tracking them after the shot, and changing out the cameras bi weekly and the deer stop coming to that part of the property, you simply move your feeder to the other side of the property where the deer aren't spooked. After those deer get spooked, you move to a third spot and so on and so on.

But once you booger up a food plot after over hunting it and shooting at deer, tracking deer, and changing trail cams you can't just move on unless you have more food plots you haven't hunted.

Food plots require more "consideration" unlike bait stations.

So yes, the debate involves elements of fair chase.

Whether you agree with it, that's the way that it is and how lots of people perceive it.