Originally Posted by tfd1224
Originally Posted by grundan

Originally Posted by tfd1224
I love my saddle. It’s super comfortable. I’m not really happy with my climbing situation right now due to how potentially dangerous it could be. (wild edge stepps with knaider and swaider) i just keep thinking about how bad it would suck to drop my swaider out of the tree at 20 feet and not have a way down. I think I’m gonna get some hawk helium sticks and give them a shot. As far as vs a climber, I’ll take the saddle any day. I just spent a week in Kentucky and good luck finding a tree to climb with a climber where i was hunting, I’m sure you could find a tree but probably not where the deer are. The guys i was hunting with were using a deer cart to tote their climbers in with and i was going twice as far with just a backpack and getting to set up where i wanted to and not where i had to. I could go on and on but i love mine and I’ve made about 20 sits in it so far.

Hey tfd , put a small grapple hook in your pack. If you drop something, you can fish it back up.

I have thought about taking a snatch hook and cutting the points off and carrying that

I have both wild edge and use knaider/swaider and helium’s. To me both have their place. You may or may not already but tie some small lightweight bungee to your swaider and then add a small carabiner . Can be a cheap plastic carabiner (it won’t be holding any weight just there Incase you do drop it.) and clip to your lineman’s loop. That way if you do take it off you can stuff in a pouch of your choice and will never fall to ground. Just an idea Incase you don’t have that already on your swaider.