i truly believe the older deer begin to pattern us. Most 4 wheeler and foot traffic is early morn til 9-10 and 1-2 til dark. Why not move when that traffic is at its least! Its hard to wake up later and hunt mid day, or sit all day with a kid. During rut its all different, but now after that early season food source, these deer aren't stupid and begin to pick up on pressure.

I had 4 bucks on camera early october, and my son and i had one chance at them one morning, but i had stand in wrong place and he got busted shaking his head when i asked him a question. . We hunted that spot since and the bucks have long gone and nothing on camera but does. We see a lot of deer on this club, but every member has corn all over. This spot i have a feeder bag i keep full of mo buck feed. Its gone in like 4 days, but the bucks have virtually disappeared from the spot. It is the perfect spot on a creek, with a clear cut to our back and thinned out pines to our front. He wants to kill one with his crossbow, so we use this spot for bow only. Crazy thing is, all 4 bucks we had on camera (1 being a 10-12" cowhorn with possible 3-4" bases and a drop tine) have not been seen on any other field camera or members cameras.