Originally Posted by olemossy
At this point AU should trade LSU even for Joe Brady (QB coach/play caller) for Gus. Brady is the sole reason Burrow is a first rounder. And he makes $400k.

Thats player development.

Brady is about to make $1.5 million because they're renegotiating his contract to keep him at LSU. Has been in the works for weeks.

Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by crenshawco
Gus definitely sucks, but the real question is, who do you hire? There aren't but a handful of good coaches out there. Auburn is a great job, but you are still coming into the same division in a conference with Saban. That's not an ideal setup for success

I'm not sure who you hire. But I simply can't comprehend the likely $5-8 million salary. There's not a guy that'll do it for $2 million? There are plenty that would, and without a $25 million buyout, I would imagine. No other industry has such insane buyouts, that I'm aware of.

They pay what the market bears and what the school agrees to. A $2 million salary for a head coach in the SEC West is peanuts. If the guy was successful, he either would renegotiate to make more or he would leave for another university that would pay more.

Crazy money? Sure. But it is what it is.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020