My Middle daughter(12yr old) has always been my lil hunting buddy. Shes been hunting since she was 8 and killed her 1st deer. She has shot a couple does and small bucks but has been on a quest the last 2 years to kill a rack buck. She finally got it done this weekend on the youth hunt. She hung in there all day with me and hunted hard. I cant say how proud I am. I rarely ever get the shakes anymore, just get excited and pumped when I kill a good one. You guys seen my Mulie I posted and I was cool as a cucumber the whole. Time. Not on her deer. 170lb 8pt. 15" wide and I was shaking like a leaf on a tree. I tried to video post shot and you cant hardly see clearly Im shook up so bad. I could feel the house vibrating and I saw her knees bouncing. She said Dad I must be cold I cant quit shaking. I told her no sweetheart you just caught buck fever. There is no cure and its a lifetime disease, daddy's just showed back up after years. LOL OH I forgot to mention she is now hunting with my old 1978 Marlin 30-30 and the dirty 30 put a hurt on him. I killed my 1st deer in 1993 with that gun. Same Glenfield scope that was on it the day I bought it and ive never made an adjustment.
Now the baby girl (8yr) says its her turn. Im creating Monsters Im afraid but hey at least they know how to shoot. A restraining order is just a piece of paper.

Its not the will to win but the will to prepare to win!