Originally Posted by jwalker77
Originally Posted by March15
Originally Posted by BIG-AL
That was Saban’s worse decision since he’s been at BAMA.

He doesn’t make many mistakes. But that was a bad one. You could tell he was shook up. He knows it was a bad decision.

Thats pretty ignorant. It was the first half. If I remember right, last year when bama was kicking butt and taking names, tua usually played atleast one series in the third quarter. The only reason anybody thought he was coming out yesterday is because the announcers noticed him shaking hands with all the offense and said "well that will be all we see of tua today". There was absolutely no reason he shouldnt be in the game, he is the starting quarterback and it wasnt even halftime yet. To say it was the coaches fault or a bad decision on his part for having his starting qb finish the first half is just grasping for straws. He got hurt, it sucks, but it happened, in the first half, not half way through the fourth quarter. How long has it been since everybody was griping because tua never played into the fourth quarter?

He had surgery a few weeks ago and was limping after the game last week. Last year he was playing in the 3rd quarter because he was healthy. He didn’t get hurt last year until the end of the season. His injury yesterday had nothing to do with his ankle. I get that. But the reason he should have been on the bench is because of his ankle. He can’t scramble, or not as good as he used to. Which leads to crap like what happened. I know he wanted to play. In fact if you go back to the 2nd page or so, Batey was putting it on tua, because he wanted to play.

So, if putting him on the bench is ignorant, when do you pull him?