People here always complain about Walmart steaks, so I guess I lucked out last night. I had to stop by the Walmart east of Rome on highway 411 yesterday on the way to the cabin from one of our plants I had been working at that day. I needed to pick up a few things for the cabin. So I rolled my shopping cart by the meat department and saw quite a few steaks on clearance. Some were the Wagu beef and others were Angus fillets and yet others were these two beauties. They were in the black styrofoam trays. Each one individually wrapped. I think these were less than $5 each. I picked up all the clearance Wagu and Fillets they had.

Anyway, Mrs. Irish and I met up at the cabin and after we got everything unloaded she went about making some twice baked potatoes out of some leftover mashed potatoes we had, and we warmed up some leftover green beans and I salted and peppered the steaks. When the potatoes were almost ready I heated up a skillet with some olive oil (Normally I would have used avocado oil here, but I didn't have any.) Once these went about 5 minutes on one side I had Mrs. Irish chop up some fresh herbs and garlic. Once I flipped them I threw all that in the skillet along with about 2 tablespoons of butter. As they finished cooking a kept spooning the oil, butter, garlic and herb over them. When they reached about 120 degrees I pulled the off to rest for a minute or two.

They turned out fantastic. One of the better steaks I've had lately...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Irishguy; 11/15/19 06:39 AM.