Originally Posted by bigcountry692001
Originally Posted by NameAlreadyInUse
Originally Posted by bigcountry692001
Originally Posted by NameAlreadyInUse
It's the lock-on. It isn't designed to be a mobile setup, so it's a pain to get secured to the tree even using my linemans belt and having two free hands. And yes, it's a struggle. It has two upright posts so it's not easy to hold up one-handed, and the weight bearing strap attaches to these two eyelets via hooks that like to fall off and go clanging down the the ground........ look it's just a pain ok? XD

With a saddle, get to the top of my last stick, cinch a platform on the tree, throw the tether up, clip in, take off the linemans belt, done. Way quicker. If you're using a LoneWolf or a bracket system for your lock-on I could see how the saddle wouldn't save time setting up.

What kind of platform are you using?

A Summit Stoop lock on

I’m liking the predator but the new lwcg ambush is nice too however $300 may be a little steep

That’s another thing that has me leaning towards the saddle. If I’m going to spend $300+ on one stand, have to pack it in and out, and not be able to sit the perfect tree bc it has a strong lean, I’d rather invest in a saddle. It’s just infinitely more mobile and doesn’t limit tree selection as much.