For anyone who plans to do this long term you will have to move away from simply the idea of Throw and Mow and focus on just understanding the larger concepts of how nature functions....the soil....the plants....the whole cycle. It’s all a matter of whether you believe in those concepts or not. Your method will then be up to you to apply according to what best fits the scenario and progresses it forward. If you haven’t taken the time to read “The One Straw Revolution” then you’re likely still just focusing on the method of Throw and Mow. That book is where most of the concepts were derived. It’s a different read for sure but if you don’t understand the concepts the old Japanese farmer is preaching about in the book….then you really aren’t fully seeing the whole picture of what’s going on with our no-till food plots.

Take the time to read the book and then post up your opinion about it. There’s a free pdf version online. Don’t get hung up in the weeds of religion when reading. There’s a spiritual side to this whole idea of natural farming that I’ve purposely never dove into very much. I figured everything else was enough for folks to grasp without throwing in a concept that deep to muddy the waters even more. I’m about to open that can of worms as well though……

Last edited by CNC; 11/13/19 02:14 PM.

We dont rent pigs