Trying to do this off my phone so not sure how this will go. We left out Nov 2. 7:30pm and drove straight through 25hrs. Temps were between 0-33 all week with one day around 45. Worst day was -15 windchills with several days -0 to 10 windchills. Zero service there so I couldn’t do a thread like jdbowhunter76’s Ohio thread. Had to go into town for service. We had 4 tags and everyone tagged out. I will try to answer comments and post pics. I found a herd of mule deer day one on private land that we had permission on. Also seen two giant whitetail. One of those I got a pop shot at latter in the week and would have tagged but in the cold I lost my clip. He stopped after a running shot at 150yrds and stood broad side and all I could do was dry fire 2x’s. He was a giant and I was broken hearted. I chased him 3 days still checking the mule deer herds. Our equipment was somewhat sub par for the area and I never knew the shooter mule deer was there with the big herd but I kept saying there had to be a good one somewhere near. We did see a giant Mulie day 3 on the run and spent the whole day chasing him but couldn’t make it happen. Day 4 I found the herd after The other guys tagged out. Now we had good equipment. Swarovski spotting scope with magnifier and I found my buck. 1st thing I said was he has a whitetail rack on one side and Mulie on the other. Wind was dead wrong and we had a few days left so we left him. We hunted state lands rest of the day and saw lots of deer but only one shooter whitetail and asked permission to go shoot him but the land owner had just leased to an outfitter. I told the boys let’s go back to the 3x4. I got him in the spotting scope again and decided to make a move. We walked a ditch to close distance but it turned into prairie so I belly crawled up far as I could to 780yrds. I laid for 2-1/2 hrs belly down in 3” of snow till he stood up. I had borrowed my friend’s 28 Nossler topped with a Swarovski DS scope. I practiced on several deer to get comfortable making that shot off bi-pods. He finally stood up and I shot him at 762 yrds and dropped him. I hit 10” right and luckily it was base of the neck. No way I could have made that shot with my gun. I can only touch steel at 500 with my 300wm. I let the shot go and the recoil moved my bipod off the deer. I looked back in the scope and just saw grass so I looked to my buddy standing in the ditch. I swear it was 2 sec later before he dropped his Bono’s and said “You FN dropped him!” He ran out and dove on me and after a short wrestling match in the snow we found him where he stood. Now I have to try and post pics. Mods help if you can

Its not the will to win but the will to prepare to win!