Just wondering what shape food plots everyone prefers and why. I met with a guy last week that does land clearing about coming and making me a road and food plot for me on it and got a price. What I had in my mind was making a 40 yard wide strip that was about 200 yards long that went through where I hunt now that's right on the transition of a thick creek bottom and some 30 year old planted pines that have a few oaks mixed in and never been thinned. The guy I met with after looking at what I have suggested making a plot in the shape of a Turkey foot. The plan is to have the 2 outside strips paralleling the creek bottom where I currently hunt and the other creek bottom that runs into it and putting my shooting house in the corner where my small 4 wheeler trail comes in at. The middle run will be about 50 yards wide by 200 yards long going across a big sandy ridge with pines,small oaks and sparkle berry bushes everywhere and the 2 outside about 30 yards wide by 100 yards long. I know my timing is not the best to be doing this but I kinda had the rug pulled out from under me on some family land I've hunted all my life and after me asking over a month ago before the other guy who is not family and has 350 acres they own behind their house they got the green light to hunt it and apparently it didn't matter that I'd already asked as I do every year just out of common courtesy as I do every year.