Well,I hung this climber 2 days ago,specifically for rifle season,as you can see about 300 yards. I was set to drive home yesterday morn,but figured I'd just go sit in the new climber a couple hours for some recon for the gun opener. I spotted the does and buck about 300 yards from me and was watching through the binos. When they started crossing the pines,I got the camera rolling. I filmed until I realized they might bring the buck into my wheelhouse. Shortly after I quit filming the 1st vid,the does walked directly under my climber. They were in between my pull up rope and my tree ,and the buck came to 20 yards. I stood up to draw ,and the does spooked a little,and the buck looked right at me. I tried to settle the top pin on him,but my cold weather facemask got twisted when I turned my head,and I couldn't see through my peep; I shifted my head a little bit to find it,and hit the release. Upon the shot,I heard what sounded like I shot a melon,and the deer mule kicked ,and ran to 47 yards. That's when I started filming again. I ended up catching 1 lung and liver I believe. I sat there for another hour in my climber,and could only see a portion of the deers body where he finally fell. It took him about 8-10 min to totally expire. About 15 min later,this other 8 came and crossed the same big open field,right by me. It was a magical morning for sure. Make sure the vid quality is set to 1080p for best quality.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Heres the 2nd buck,which I thought looked younger than the one I shot.