This post bring tears to my eyes. Dad passed away when i was 15. Never had a grandpa to hunt with .both had passed before i was borned.the times with my dad is a special memory for me. Mostly squirrell hunting with a dog. Didn t have many deer in my area at that time we usually had a black an tan hound u could squirrel hunt in daytime an he would tree coons an possums at night. Also had a good bird dog an some quail back in the day. I wasn t old enough to carry a gun but i went with dad . No way was i left at home. We always had some kind of hunting dog. He could train a bulldog to tree squirrels. Lol.I know the times hunting with our dad meant lot to him but it means at lot more to me today because it instilled in me the desire to hunt. After dad passed away an the deer started become more numerous around our place i started deer hunting. Learned everything i know about deer hunting on my own but alway wished my dad was here to enjoy the deer hunting. Not many younger folks around here hunt at all an thats so sad.don t have kids myself. Have 3 neices so i don t have anyone to pass on the hunting lifestyle. Back in the ol days you never seen a posted sign anywhere. Just hunt where you wanted . Everything we killed we ate . Didnt kill the coons or possums just had fun hunting them. The fried quail was the best next to squirrell dumplings an gravy an biscuits. Ive had some great memories over the years hunting. Nowaday it seems about who can kill the biggest buck but to me its the memories i have over the yrs hunting. Have been blessed to have a great place to hunt just right out my back door.

Brushwacker