Originally Posted by BREEZE1
Do y’all really like these things or just trying to like it? I been hunting out of one this year. Comfort is fine but getting set up is aggravating as all get out compared to a climber. I’m carrying 3 sticks with aiders but still about 20 foot is a push. Sure you can shoot 360 but do you really think you can get swung all the way around without a deer seeing you? I can shoot 360 out of a climber just takes movement probably less than a saddle. I want some honest opinions just to see if I’m really only one that feels like this. If you say a saddle is anything but the bee’s knees on saddle hunter pages they go absolutely crazy.

I honestly like mine. I was very skeptical at first but I wouldn’t trade for any climber, lock on, or anything else. I understand some guys complain about hip pinch but I haven’t had yet. I hunted out of my mantis for the first time today from 6:30 to 11:30. I had to work at his afternoon or I would have stayed longer. I will say I do need a platform, I have a double step on my LW stick so it’s bearable but definitely will order a predator at the end of the season. I’m not sure if it’s the saddle or because I’ve been following the hunting beast website but my deer sightings have doubled. I’ve sat 6 times on heavy pressured public land and I’ve seen deer on 3 sits. I saw 3 this morning and had two walk underneath me which has never happened and the other (a shooter) at 25 yards.

"You cant manage a deer herd with acorns."

-Dr. Craig Harper