I may have gone off neck deep in trapping. I am new to it, but I am having a blast. I decided to make my own coyote bait. The one coyote that I have caught, I caught on a big chunk of deer meat. It took 2 weeks for the coyote to find it, since the meat was fresh.

My son killed a doe the last weekend of the season, and every piece that didn't go in our freezer, except it's hooves and head went into the bait cooler. I also got ahold of some free chicken breast chunks about 3 weeks ago. They've been in the bait cooler too.

I've been looking for a cheap chest freezer to keep the bait in and I found one today that runs like a champ for $75.

I can surely say that the chunks of meat I've been letting get to the proper level of "taint" in the old plastic cooler would knock a buzzard off a gut pile. I laid individual chunks on some plastic in the old freezer this evening and will bag them up tomorrow.

I think something may be wrong with me. I am excited about having rotten meat in a freezer to catch a stinking coyote with.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14