Originally Posted by CatHeadBiscuit
I have permission on some land abutting a largish subdivision. The landowners have granted me access to another large section again abutting a neighborhood. While google satellite scouting I noticed at least one well worn 4wheeler path deep into it. Gotta buy some keep out signs and put’em up today. Keeping the Suburbanites out looks to be the biggest challenge to this spot.

If a hunter doesn’t have landowner permission that hunter is a poacher and trespassing. If I retrieve from or cross the land of others to access without permission I am stealing someone else’s deer and trespassing. If I feel these rules are stupid or bad or ill conceived then I can address that with my political representation. But the homeowners have a right to enjoy their homestead without me dragging a carcass across the yard. Optimally I will do a good enough job of aiming to minimize that result.

This is correct! Also I’ve found that neighbors are happy to have a good law abiding archery hunter protecting and guarding the neighboring land. We’ve caught illegals using high powered weapons on one of our properties. A solid law abiding hunter is the best thing to protect the property and the neighboring properties. I use good signage and cell cameras along with a friendly conversation with anyone who maybe concerned in any capacity. I’m usually met with a positive response and some good deer intel, unless the neighbor themselves is the one that has been poaching. Those guys are pretty easy to spot.