Originally Posted by okfuski
I'm fortunate to have been hunting on the same property that we have owned my whole life and only have a few family members and close buddies that hunt with us so it's not really a hunting club. But our rules are very simple on this stuff. 1 Have fun. 2 Shoot whatever legal deer you want to shoot . 3 Have fun. I've done the whole it has to be a certain size and age thing before and it's amazing how much more fun we have when it's if you like it and want to shoot it then shoot it. It's a lot easier and more enjoyable to me when everyone is laid back and not worrying about who shoots a certain deer or a deer that's " too small" or a deer that someone else has as their #1 hitlist buck. It's all supposed to be about having fun and enjoying God's Great Outdoors with your family and friends.

I agree with you to an extent but its easy to have that view when you still see plenty of deer. I grew up as a kid hunting land in Jackson Co where everyone blasted everything that walked. Just to actually see deer period was something special. Most hunts you didn’t see chit. Let me tell you….it wasn’t really that fun…..and that’s where there has to be some happy medium found. Shooting whatever you want if fun until there aint chit to shoot.

With that being said....I'm all for letting kids shoot whatever for their first deer.

Last edited by CNC; 11/07/19 09:01 PM.

We dont rent pigs