Originally Posted By: Todd1700
One difference in all those other examples Fun4all is that to the best of my knowledge no weird inconsistency exists in those restrictions like in the baiting law. You can't night hunt deer with one type spotlight but not another. You can't drug deer with one type chemical but not another. You can't shoot deer swimming across one type public lake or river but not another. Etc, etc. You can debate whether any of those things should be legal if you want but at least those laws are consistent.

Some of them like night hunting are a safety issue I guess. Not sure it's a good idea for folks to be blasting out through the woods with high powered rifles at an eye reflection in the dark. Lots of potential for things besides deer to die right there.

So since the ethical, sporting or moral issue was sidestepped here is a question on the wierd inconsistency. It is okay to shoot two does per day for the entire hunting season, but you can only shoot three bucks that have antlers and one of the bucks has to meet more restrictions. Do you see any inconsistency there? Or, is it that okay because one deer has antlers and the other doesn't, but then another deer has to have more antlers than another deer for it to be "legal".

One type of deer you can legally kill 2 per day for 108 days = 216 does, but you can only shoot 3 bucks. Do you know of anywhere in the State that has ever had a buck to doe ratio of 72 to 1? If there was a place it certainly is not dispersed over the area that currently fall under the current limitations. Is that inconsistent?

So since in your opinion everything is bait and can be hunted over and you can legally bait by regulation in the state during the season why are you so fixated on pouring "bait" out of a bag? Is it really about the inconsistency? If it is are you leading the drive petitioning the legislature to change the other game and fish regulations and laws that are inconsistent?

Of course to some this is okay because after all we are talking about bucks and the State should make killing four bucks illegal instead of making it legal. After all the State did take away our freedom of killing one buck per day during the season, but that is okay. Where as, allowing another way to bait is just the State giving us our freedom back. On one hand the State should take a freedom away, while on the other hand they should give us a freedom back. No inconsistency there!

By George, I think I am catching on!! wink

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope