Originally Posted by ALMODUX
Depends on the conditions, model specs and usually price tag, but many you can tell a rabbit to 200+, and deer and hogs and coyotes even further. The ones I’m using right now were the best there was in 2015-2016. I can positively ID deer vs hog vs canine vs small game to 200+. Rain and fog and dew degrade them a bit. I can see rats in a hay field to at least 150. Turkeys are easy to spot, too. They’re just better than your eyes for finding any warm critter instantly. I use them in daytime a good bit.....shadows and cover don’t hide you from seeing where exactly to study with your regular binos, after a scan.....which is handy for preseason scouting. Keep in mind, they’re considered a night vision device, limited to predators in many places, and then only with a permit in others (here). As long as you aren’t shooting with them at night, I’m not sure it’s any issue in Alabama to use them for observation or even as a day sight.....though that’s maybe pretty gray.

Wouldn't they be extremely helpful in recovering deer after the shot? Wonder what the legality of something like that is? I understand possession being prohibited while hunting, but during the daylight hours it isn't any benefit. If you were using it after dark to track a shot/wounded animal I wonder what the average GW would think?