Quote:
The #1 argument by baiters is it's no different than other food sources

And until someone can find a fact based counter to that argument it remains a pretty good one. There is no ethical difference. And no one has been able to explain one in any of the 20 times this subject has come up since I've been a member here.

All you hear is talk about how green patches are more nutritious or harder to plant. A point that isn't necessarily true in most cases but even if you conceded that point, (which I don't) what difference does that make from an ethical standpoint? That's like saying it's OK to hunt at night with Brand A spotlights because they are of a higher quality and harder to find than Brand B spotlights. What difference does that make in the nature of the activity you are engaged in?

Besides having no relevance to the question at hand it isn't even true in most cases. I'll concede that most people probably wouldn't load a feeder with anything but corn. And I realize there are some guys on here that plant their patches with these high dollar Biologic type blends of seeds. But trust me when I tell you that they are the exception and not the norm. Most people plant simple rye grass or winter wheat. Not exactly packed with nutrition. And I can point you to bags of stuff that can be slung from a feeder that will provide waaaay more vitamins, minerals, protein and essential nutrition than any green patch.

Last edited by Todd1700; 02/28/12 06:04 PM.

The best index to a person’s character is (a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
- Abigail van Buren