Originally Posted by Clem

How's the antler growth been in that time? Lot of mature breeders in the population and 150s and 160s coming out of the county? Not kidding, b/c I haven't kept up with it. Are the bucks bigger and more mature thanks to the regulations?

There have been some studs come out of Barbour but I think that's traditionally been the case even before the antler restrictions. The restrictions were put in place mainly as a result of there being a large presence of private landowners in the county and them getting tired of the folks leasing land blasting the hell out of everything. I'm not condoning either side of the argument here just stating what happened. The private landowners got together and voted the antler restrictions in to keep the "Florida hunters" and others from shooting up all the small bucks. I've got a good friend that takes care of the management area....I'll ask him next time we talk and see if anything has ever been done from a data standpoint. I know they have some good deer on the management area but again I think that's just about always been the case. More than likely if it did anything it increased the number of 3 year old bucks being killed. The ones that would have been killed as 1-2 years olds just lived a little longer. This may or may not have resulted in more bucks making it to maturity

Last edited by CNC; 11/01/19 01:30 PM.

We dont rent pigs