Sounds like you’ve hunted with some dummies. I maintain a standard whether in training or hunting. I expect all my dogs and the ones I train to operate the way they are trained. We don’t make concessions during a hunt. We also never get out of the pit to get a bird. If it falls it gets recovered because we have the dogs talented and trained to do it. Who said anything about barking? What does that have to do with a collar?

To your point about the dog being corrected with a bird in its mouth. The dummy running the dog should have his dog equipped to run a poison bird blind before he took it hunting. Takes a real dumb ass to blow a dog up that’s already gotten the bird they weren’t sent for. I train all the dogs that huntin my group. I also run the dogs, it just works a lot better that way for everyone. I can’t atand chaos on a duck hunt and a dog is the first thing that cause it if it’s untrained or being handled by an idiot.

Regardless saying ecollars mean the Hunter is a newbie is ridiculous. My dogs run field trials and they also hunt. I’d have a monster on my hands if they weren’t held in check while we hunt.