The ultimate answer is that people don't practice shooting because there is a lack of places to shoot in this State even though we have some rifle ranges on our WMA's I would say they are under utilized based on the numbers of hunters we have. It would take me the better part of a day to go to a public range and shoot leaving my house.

The other part of it is that people just don't think they need to practice because they are hunting food plots and blasting does. They just think.... I can blast a doe today and there is nothing but air between me and the deer. This is going to be an easy 150 yard shot.... Then....by blind arse luck.... they see a good buck and shoot it in the arse having not practiced or prepared for the shot.

They would have shot the doe in the arse too the only difference being the tracking dog does not get the phone call. They just stand around with their finger in their nose saying well I'll be derned that bullet musta blew up on the deer and I lost it. Shoulda shot super duper bonded bullet like I read on ALDeer.

Last edited by Goatkiller; 10/24/19 02:01 PM.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.