Thanks Cuz……I feel pretty good about this one…..

I actually think the use of tracking dogs has been a great thing for educating the general hunting public on what to do after the shot to improve their chances of finding their deer. I’ve gone on numerous tracks now where the folks would call me up and say something to effect of….”Hey I remember when you were out here last time we talked about backing out if there was any doubt on the shot…..I’m pretty sure I gut shot this one so we just eased out and came straight on back to camp.”…..Even here on the forum if you’ll watch when someone shoots a deer folks will start trying to get them to “Give it time!!!!!....Give it time!!!!”…..My point is that I’m finding that the hunting public is slowly coming around to making better decisions after the shots as a result of these stories on social media. There’s no better folks to help educate them on it than trackers.

Now…..if you want to talk about one of MY pet peeves in all of this……It’s when I see someone post up saying they put a bad shot on a deer about 30 min ago and a tracker chimes in with “I’m loading the dogs up now!...I’m on my way!!!”……and they make the same dang mistake that we’re trying to get the hunters to stop making with rushing in too quick…..It never fails….they come back with a story of “We jumped him and chased him for 2 miles but never got him to bay up……I try not to say anything though…..errbody got to learn somehow I guess.

Last edited by CNC; 10/24/19 12:20 PM.

We dont rent pigs