Originally Posted by CNC
Well, that’s one critter that won’t be helping with the mob grazing. I’ve seen what they do to fields and it aint pretty. Its only the second time in 13 years I’ve seen pigs on my place. They’re right down the road but just rarely venture up this way. The drought probably moved them around some. I thought I heard some squeal out from down in the swamp a couple weeks ago so it didn’t surprise me when this big boy stepped out right at dark this evening. I watched him for a few minutes at around 100 yards but I knew with as much corn as was between me and him that I’d never get a shot before dark. So I slipped out of the stand and used the wind and the dog fennel to my advantage to pull the Mohican sneakin on him. I got to within about 20 yards before taking the shot. First critter I've shot with a mechanical broadhead out of my crossbow. It did a number on him but I hit him where it counts. I'm guessing he's between 250-300 maybe...not real sure. I know its all I can do to move him around and get him in the bucket.

[Linked Image]

Glad you killed one of our pigs lol. Mind me asking how big that front loader is so when I show this to the guys I hunt with I’ll know?