Originally Posted by Semo

you just highlighted one reason why I have a problem with your thinking in general. The fact is that the guy got all into bringing in the dogs for his "antlers." if he needed that dog so bad to find his trophy buck I hope he calls every time he shoots a doe.

but seriously, who are you trying to convince at this point. most say that dogs have there place. heck I wish I had one about 5 years ago on a track that went cold. however, some of us believe that if you have no idea of how to track a deer (and no interest in learning) maybe you shouldn't be pulling the trigger in the 1st place.

I’m not trying to convince anyone…..I’m just representing one side of the debate and telling the things I see as a tracker. There are very few of us here to represent how we see things unfolding….and like I said before…we aren’t just basing our opinions off of assumptions.

Yes, people call just almost exclusively on bucks….Do I condone it as being right? No…….But it just is what it is….I get it…..Also, I’ve found that a lot of folks who like to stand up and talk real righteous on the internet tend to do no different than others when the actual situation falls on their doorstep. They just like to talk a big game in front of others. If 99% of all calls are bucks and no one is calling on a doe then that tells me that very, very few hunters take your righteous approach to it. Is it necessarily right? Ehhhh…..no…….But if I’m honest about it…..I’m not paying $100 to find a doe either. That’s the difference in someone just telling it like it is versus trying to look self-righteous.

Last edited by CNC; 10/22/19 05:41 PM.

We dont rent pigs