Originally Posted by Nightwatchman
Originally Posted by 2Dogs
I worked at a deer processor in Livingston AL back when I was in school at UWA. A guy brought in a monster buck to the processor and I put it on the scales myself. It weighed 248lbs. The man said he killed it just outside of Aliceville and he didn't really act like it was a big deal to kill one that big so that makes me think it wasn't all that uncommon in his area. The rack was also huge(no idea what it scored but it was much bigger than any deer I've ever seen dead or alive) but the guy who killed it told me he didn't intend to mount it, and that he didn't even care if he got the antlers back. So that makes me think it wasn't all that uncommon. I know I took a picture of it myself, and if I can find the pic I will try to figure out how to post it

Was that 248lbs live weight or field dressed?

Live weight. I weighed it before I knocked the guts out of it.

I found the picture. I will send it to someone if they'd like to post it. I haven't really bothered to figure out how to post pictures.

PM me or email jmudler(AT)gmail.com

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.