Originally Posted by GKelly
Originally Posted by jwalker77
Average 300mi/day x 5days/week = 1500mi x $.56 = $840.00 x4weeks in a month = $3360.00/month
Subtract $50.00/day youll put in the gas tank and you have $2360.00/ month left
Hard for me to believe all you fellas would turn down $2360.00 a month just so you can drive another mans truck. You could buy you a brand new work truck and one to keep at home and have a good bit left over at that rate. Is my math right, or am I missing something?

yes you arent figuring in what your monthly payments, insurance, maintenance ( Tires youd need about twice a year, Oil changes every 3 weeks, tune ups, breakdowns, etc...) actual cost of gas to drive those miles plus what you do when your personal vehicle does breakdown rentals aren't cheap. not worth the headache to do all that maintenance on my time IMO.

I had a similar setup when I worked for the textile industry but travelled every other week. I drove my own car,a 4 cylinder Toyota, and bought a new car every 3 years. Also had enough money left over to buy the family odds and ends as needs arose as well as taking a few nice vacations a year. All paid for with the mileage I made travelling.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.