Originally Posted by Ar1220
Ain't hurting no feelings here, but you asked and hers my take
I am a deer Hunter and also a tracker, here is the problem I see in some of the calls I go on
1. Lack of woodsmanship and inability or lack of understanding on what to do after a shot either a good one or bad one
2.not giving enough time on a bow shot before they start to look
3.use of large mechanical broadheads on lower poundage bows or lightweight arrows or a combination of both
4. Hunters esp younger/ newer hunters don't have a good understanding of some things that are for the most part understood by older hunters I think that has something to do with the fact that a lot of older hunters were brought up in a hunting environment and kinda learned alot of things without it being pointed out as much as it was just what you do.
Now with all that said when me or my family kills one we do use the dog on every recovery unless it's a bang flop simply because I need to work him asmuch as I can to make him better when I do really need him.
I will also add this in some ways I think another reason you see more requests for dogs is that people are lil smarter in some aspects to go ahead and call and get a dog coming or on standby in case they can't find it which is a good thing in its own way.and there is more people that are tracking now so it's more available

All of the above. Plus they get to let everyone on social media know they may have killed a deer. Humble brag if you will.

If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now. -Clark