Originally Posted by Maggie123
Personally, I think a lot of folks are just lazy and don't want to do the work to track their kill. I am a 61 year old lady who taught her 15 year old grandson how to track/trail a deer through some of the thickest brush on our property. He knew NOTHING about tracking, finding a blood trail, looking for drag signs, disturbed leaves, broken branches etcetera. I had to grab him by the arm when we entered the woods to keep him from ruining the trail. Granted, he was young but his dad, who had been taking him hunting before, taught him absolutely nothing.

Not only did we find the buck but I helped him drag it out of the woods and got a skull mount commerating his nana teaching him how to trail a deer. It was a great evening and cold as hell.

your story brings back great memories for me. my grandmother taught me a lot about hunting. We spent endless hours squirrel hunting and just learning about animals and growing food. She was known as one of the best hunters in the county and even though she has been gone now for about 15 years is still has a lasting presence every year at deer camp. wish I could shoot that model 12 Winchester like she could, then there would be no need for all these tracking conversations.

Last edited by Semo; 10/21/19 08:02 PM.