As I read the op's post I think there are maybe three deer over the years I sure would like to have put a dog on the tack. They where no big trophies, but just would like to had a good dog and handler to have to track for about 500 yards to prove they may have been recovered within the hour. Would have been worth paying them for their trouble if they were located nearby. I feel like all three deer were hit just not much if any sign of blood. I know by going back two were found later the other just had no idea for sure. All three were near dark shot scenarios with no tracks that could be seen due to thickness of cover and hard to find jump or foot tracks. Sometimes it is just hard for me to get an exact location of the after deer shot on moving deer in thick cover with no sign visible. Now on a green field or in the sand tracks and jumping marks are usually easily found and blood more obvious creating a starting point and direction, but thick woods with little blood is more difficult to find the starting point and everything changes after dark! With an experienced dog, trainer, and gps why would you not want to increase your recovery? An ethical hunting would want to always do whatever possible to recover their game. Add into the equation the time and energy people spend on growing rack deer they definitetly want to find the trophy they just spent thousands possibly to grow. Don't know the percentage, but I would say at least 30% more deer could be found by those who think they are good trackers using a dog.