I’ll add this to conversation too……I go on some easy tracks that some very experienced blood trackers might have otherwise recovered without the use of a dog…..But the vast majority of the ones I go on….even the best human trackers out there wouldn’t have stood snowballs chance in hell of finding the deer or better yet….giving the situation some closure.

I remember a track from a couple of years ago on a brisket bow shot where the buck ran about 300 yards through a stand of young pines right down a worn out deer trail until it came to an interior hunting club road. The worn out trail went straight across and kept going. The deer however decided to hang a left and run straight down the middle of the hunting club road for about 300 yards…..into a green field and out the other side and on down the road some before deciding to hang another left onto just some random trail that took him back toward his bedding area. We found him about 200 more yards down that trail in the young pine stand. Good luck tracking that one by looking for broke sticks, branches, and tracks. grin

Last edited by CNC; 10/21/19 04:31 PM.

We dont rent pigs