Originally Posted by Big Game Hunter

As I said in the very first sentence; I have no issue with the use of dogs. My issue is with people going into the woods with the intent of shooting an animal that they have very little chance of recovering WITHOUT the use of a dog.

Like I was telling Wiley in response to his post….That’s just not happening enough to even be significant. I mean maybe you’ve got a few dipshits like this Timber guy who are doing it but I’ve never run across a single situation where I thought it was the case. I listen to folks tell me their story about what happened and what I hear is folks just making the same bad decisions and making the same bad shots that we as hunters have always made. A lot of times it’ll be a situation where the hunter just got antsy and took the first shot they could get……I remember one specifically from last year where a guy took a very poor quartering to shot and I remember looking at the situations when I arrived and thinking….”Damn, he just slung an arrow at it as soon as it stepped out of the woodline into the green field.”…..That’s what’s common….Hunters aren’t thinking anything about a dog at that moment. They’re thinking…”Oh God I gotta shoot before he gets away!!”….and they make a poor, rushed shot. I'm guilty myself as I'm sure many of us on here are....

Last edited by CNC; 10/21/19 01:00 PM.

We dont rent pigs