A GPS and aerial photo from a phone helps tremendously. I use both in conjunction with my dogs to search. The Garmin Alpha I'm running on the dogs will draw a line behind everywhere they go so it allows me to see exactly where we've searched and where we haven't. It also allows me to run a very efficient grid without just wandering around like we sometimes do when the woods make it hard to keep our bearings straight. Using the GPS I can simulate a timber cruise and work back and forth running evenly spaced out lines parallel to one another and not leaving big gaps that have been skipped over. The aerial on my phone allows me to look at the bigger picture and decipher over where the most likely travel routes may be....the different stands of timber around me..... or if there's a nearby pond or swamp maybe. It's just like putting pieces of a puzzle together. Sometimes the dogs can run right to it and all I do is follow. Many times we work together as a team though and these are the tools I use along with the knowledge of what I've seen deer do in the past. The GPS and aerial pic can help you even if you're not using dogs.

Last edited by CNC; 10/21/19 11:57 AM.

We dont rent pigs