1970, graduated from college and wound up in North Georgia and met some guys into bow hunting. Bought my first recurve and fabricated a hanging stand that you reached up and fastened to the tree from the ground. Had killed a good many deer dog hunting and still hunting but this was wayyyyyyy different. It was up close and personal! Coming back to bama I still hunted with the recurve, getting into an area I knew had deer and easing along at a snails pace. It worked, I missed a lot but I killed some. Didn’t care for the tree climbing and never used foodplots. Many of today’s hunters have never experienced that type of hunting and while we can say you don’t have to hunt over corn, many will and will miss out on the challenge of NOT using it. I “graduated”;from still hunting with a recurve to climbing with a compound and killing was much easier, but not as satisfying. Nowadays I can’t pull either my recurves or compound because of RA and a ground blind on a cold day even with a propane heater is pretty nice, just happy to be able to be out there. And really, that’s what counts irregardless of how we legally hunt; being happy to just be out there.

The Earth is Gods footstool