Some solid advice here, I am currently hunting a farm with cattle also. And like said above the cows will suck up all your acorns quick and bed up under the better trees. I have messed up abunch so I can tell you from experience, entrance is key! You can get away with a lot more as far a scent goes. To start out you need to kind of get maybe in between 2 fields that you can see along ways, just hunt and observe. Find where the deer travel the most, then ease to where you want. Have multiple stands for different variables. Something I didn’t do until lately, you must find their main thicket/bedding area. Now they will bed up in the sage or thick waste high patches of grass as temps start dropping for mid day sunning. But you gotta find their core location. Where you think they might live and nothing can bother them. Also check the fences for where the deer enter and exit the land does and bucks typically don’t use the same spot. And after a good rain is usually easy to locate where they’ve been using. A lot of does will go under the fence. And bucks are gonna jump it where it’s not as high maybe where a strand or two of bob wire is broken or sagging.