as bullets changed over the years my opinion on the 243 has also changed. I have said 30 years ago "if you shoot enough deer with a 243 you WILL lose a deer for no other reason that you used a 243. They, 243s, just wern't reliable. I owned several, and a 6mm over the years. I have killed 19 deer with 19 shots with the 6mm, but I have been very careful on shot selection. I have had a couple of hard recoveries before I went to 95gr Partitions in the 6mm.
I started shooting my current 243 several years ago when I was shooting a LOT of does, 10-20 a year. I went to 95gr Fusions, first because they were cheap, and then because they way outperformed any other 243 bullet except the Partition. I've shot the 95 Fusions for 15 years and never had a bad experience with them, same for Partitions. I find the Fusion loads tend to be a small bit more accurate than my Partition handloads.

I shoot 130 Fusion loads in my 270, along with 130 Partition loads. 140 Partition loads in my 7mm, and 125 Partition handloads in my 264.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one