Originally Posted by GKelly
Any engineer worth his salt isnt working for ALDOT starting at $40k to hopefully be able to one day pull in $85k before they retire unless they just really enjoy the benefits its almost impossible to fire a State employee (probably why most are still there) and with all the paid holidays, sick, and vacation time its a perfect job for the mediocre. Im sure there are some good ones there but I highly suspect they are outnumbered on a massive scale.

I have been an engineer for a lot of years, and have a good bit of experience in construction materials and roadbuilding in other states and also Alabama. You are spot on. Add the fiasco of the Wallace Tunnel on I-10 (9 degree curve of death) and the current fiasco of a 50+ year toll bridge planned for the same place, which just recently died. Mediocre is generous...there is a certain type of individual that works for a state DOT, and I'll leave it right there...

"For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America" ~Benjamin Franklin

Isaiah 40:13-14

RAP is CRAP

NRA Life Member, GOA, BamaCarry Member