Originally Posted by Snuffy
It’s been a life long dream to own my own hunting/timber land. I’m at a point in my life I can finally seriously consider it. I can hunt on the land I live on but it’s mostly pasture and not a lot of deer. For me to pull the trigger I have to see value in the purchase it has to be an investment. How much appreciation can I expect to see in recreational property? Can I expect timber values to increase in the coming years? Is timber even a viable investment anymore? I have to be able to at least break even if I or my family ever have to sell. What say all the Aldeer experts?

I made my move in my early 30's, and never looked back, I'm 52 now. I was not in it for the timber investment, only building memories. BUT I wanted a good mix of hardwood with pines, and finally found it. My only regret was my Dad not doing it sooner. I tried to get him to split the cost, and we would buy more land, but he needed to be 30 minutes drive from work. My drive is 1hr to Bham Airport, the 1 hr back to paradise !