Originally Posted by slippinlipjr
Originally Posted by Broadhead26
Originally Posted by Broadhead26
Thanks for everyones input so far,. I already got the first week of bow, both days of muzzleloader, and first week of rifle off work so hopefully a lack of time in the woods wont be my excuse for not getting something bigger than a 6pt this year.

Just a follow up for everyone.

Was finally going to get one bigger than a 6pt. I had a 7pt (not huge by any means but decent) dialed down to the exact hour he traveled by my stand every day (3pm). They cut the corn down the road and now he's a ghost. There is a small 8pt now that has visited twice, but it's always at 3am. Cant catch a break.

If you are not getting pics of a mature buck, you're not in the right place. Get next to bedding. Get in there now and scout it out, find a decent tree that is dropping acorns next to the bedding area, or find a new food source they are coming to and track the deer back to their bedding, find a stand location right next to that bedding area. Do this tomorrow, then don't set foot on it again until you have the right wind and are ready to kill a deer in bow season.

I have a few that nicer ones I've caught on cam, it's just infrequent. Property is 20 acres. Mostly pasture but back 6 or so is a bunch of white oaks and has a wide and swampy creek running through it so I'm pretty limited on where I can set up. The woods themselves are thin enough that I can see lights from houses on the other side when all the leaves fall. I did leave the grass about 5ft high and plant a small foodplot of clover, brassica, and turnip at the bottom of the pasture by the woods. It's just starting to sprout but I'm hoping itll keep the bigger ones around once the acorns dry up.

Last edited by Broadhead26; 09/27/19 09:09 PM.