Originally Posted by Geeb
So if I have this right you are saying the school shouldn't raffle guns because it may offend someone, yet Walmart is only 'virtue signaling and pandering to the anti-gun crowd'. sound correct?

You do NOT have that right......I am NOT saying they shouldn't raffle guns (although, in this case "the school" is not raffling anything, it's an independent organization). I am saying they should choose to run their fundraiser the way they see fit. And, speaking strictly from a standpoint of raising as much money as possible, they'll sell a lot more raffle tickets if the prize is a $500 giftcard to use however you want, than a prize that is just a specific $500 gun.

I also fully believe Walmart is absolutely within their right to do make whatever decisions they want about allowing guns in their store. I don't agree with Walmart and I think their particular reasoning they gave for their position is stupid, but it's their decision to make regardless.

Back to this raffle.........they didn't "cancel the gun raffle", they added to it. Instead of raffling a gun, they're raffling a gun or anything else of equal value from that store.

The difference in my post about Walmart's Open Carry policy and this guy's raffle is this.............Walmart claimed they made their decision in an effort to curb violence and make their stores safer, but the logic behind it simply doesn't work (for the reason I explained in the original walmart post). But the group doing the raffle was very honest that they chose to make the change to a gift card to respect some folks' opinions, whether they agreed with them or not. They were very clear and up-front about it, and did so voluntarily. They didn't try to hide it or lie about it.

Y'all need to find something better to beotch about...you're whiffing on this one.

Last edited by GomerPyle; 09/24/19 01:31 PM.

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft